Garrison Roofing offers a wide range of fiberglass roofing systems fitted through highly trained and approved installers. We are the ultimate fiberglass roofing system suitable for both residential and commercial establishments.
We have installed hundreds of fiberglass flat roofs around Philadelphia. Also, with many years of experience, we have grown and adapted to the changing needs of the customers and so when you are approaching us you can rest assured of getting the best quality service for fiberglass roof installation.
Your investment is secured with Garrison Roofing as we are expert in our profession, fully licensed and have A+ rating BBB accredited
Every project or task is done very professionally by our professional & expert award winning team.
Maintenance job is done for each and every roofing project very professionally and dealt each project with care.
Garrison Roofing support team is always there to assist you whenever you need it.
Garrison Roofing Philadelphia can meet all of your Home or Residential Roofing needs.
Benefits of Fiberglass Roofing:
Fiberglass roofing installation has become a popular choice for homeowners in recent years. There are many benefits to choosing a fiberglass roof, such as its durability and weather resistance. The benefits of fiberglass roofing is so popular among homeowners.
- 1. Fiberglass is one of the strongest construction materials available on the market. It undergoes a rigorous manufacturing process that produces a tensile material suitable for outdoor installations. Due to its high resilience, it creates decking with excellent dimensional stability which enhances the functionality of your deck.
- 2. The non-porous nature of fiberglass gives it an extremely high resistance to moisture. Your deck will not warp or rot due to the effects of water. Fiberglass copes well with extreme hot and cold weather conditions. Prolonged exposure to sunlight doesn’t affect the color appearance because the color is ingrained right through the material.
- 3. Not much work is necessary to keep your fiberglass deck in good shape. It doesn’t require special cleaning materials. Simply vacuum the surface to get rid of dust and light debris. Occasionally, you may want to use a damp mop to wipe away dirt and soil. A more thorough wash can be done once a week with warm water and a mild detergent. Fortunately, fiberglass doesn’t develop stains easily due to its non-porous nature. This makes it even easier to care for fiberglass decking.
Contact Garrison roofing contractors to learn more about fiberglass roofing and get a free estimate.
How is a Fiberglass Roof Installed?
Weather is very important when installing a fiberglass roof since it is laid as a liquid. Dry, mild weather conditions are needed. Fiberglass roof installations require lots of preparation and experience. That’s why it’s important to hire a professional roofing contractor who has experience installing this type of roofing system.
- 1. First removing the old roofing down to the joists.
- 2. Next step is to install new decking by installing plywood sheets to the roof joists.
- 3. Then prepping the new decking by sanding out any imperfections in the sheathing using a rotary grinder outfitted with an abrasive disc to soften and clean up any sharp or rough plywood edges. Then mix up a batch of polyester putty and cover the nail holes as well as the plywood joints. We will also putty around the scuppers, filling in any gaps between the sleeves and the plywood.
- 4. The next step is to apply the Fiberglass resin to the decking with a thick-nap paint roller and/or brushes. The fiberglass resin and the gelcoat (finish coat) used on these decks are both two-part mixes that require a hardener or catalyst. When a catalyst is added to the polyester resin, an exothermic reaction occurs, producing heat and curing the fiberglass (resin and catalyst are highly combustible and should always be treated with extreme care).
- 5. At the thresholds of all doors leading onto the deck, we apply resin up the framing and sheathing.
- 6. After the Fiberglass resin is in place we again sand out any imperfections before the fiberglass mat is installed. Two ounce chopped fiberglass mat is installed in sections throughout. When all the pieces are cut and in place, we begin soaking the mat with the mixed resin, starting with the tops of the parapet walls. For larger surfaces, we again used a disposable nap paint roller. For tighter details like inside corners, we soaked the resin into the mat with a disposable brush. When completely soaked with resin, the mat becomes transparent.
- 7. Once the resin-impregnated fiberglass mat has cured (usually within a few hours), the deck surface is virtually watertight—think of the hull of a fiberglass boat. The horizontal surfaces are completely sealed, and the sealed surface extends up the vertical surfaces, as well. But fiberglass boat hulls are smooth and opaque. The main task on the third day is applying the gelcoat, the protective finish that also protects the fiberglass from UV degradation.
- 8. The first step in the gel coat process is to grind all the surfaces once again to roughen the surface and to smooth out any unevenness in the mat. As before, we use a grinder with an abrasive disc to prep for the gel coat. When the surface is abraded and dust-free, we apply the fiberglass gelcoat to the surface, beginning with detail areas such as thresholds. The gelcoat is a two-part product that has the consistency of paint. As with the resin layers, we use a paint roller to coat the tops of the parapet walls and the transition between the inside parapet walls and the horizontal deck surface. Then we rolled out the main deck surface for final completion.
- 9. The cured gel coat provides a durable, weatherproof walking surface, though pressure treated sleepers could also be glued to the fiberglass and standard decking applied for clients who don’t like the look or feel of fiberglass.
Hiring a professional roofing contractor is the best way to ensure that your Fiberglass roof is installed correctly. Fiberglass roofs are a great investment for your home and will provide you with many years of protection. Contact a Garrison roofing contractor today to learn more about Fiberglass roofs and get a free estimate!
Why Choose Garrison Roofing?
- 1. Fully licensed, bonded and insured with industry leading manufacturer warranties.
- 2. The best customer service in the business.
- 3. Fantastic financing options including low interest and zero-down offers.
- 4. The highest quality products and certified roofing technicians on every project.
If you aren’t sure about using fiberglass shingles or asphalt shingles, please contact Garrison Roofing, as we are experienced in fiberglass roofing installation. Call us or email us any time Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. Our Emergency repair services are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Contact Garrison Roofing Today
If you are concerned about getting a roof that will stand the test of time until you are ready to sell a home or pass it on to your children, a new roof in Philadelphia is your best bet.
Send us your inquiry via email at: Garrisonroofingphilly@gmail.com
or Call (267) 977-6452
to get in touch with us today!
All roofing materials will eventually deteriorate and erode, especially in harsh sun and weather conditions. However, you can absolutely extend the life of your roof with proper maintenance. The mistake most homeowners make is to ignore small repairs as needed. A missing shingle takes little time and cost to fix; but ignoring that missing shingle may allow water to seep in, debris to accumulate and pry other shingles loose, or damage to affect the underlayment. Taking care of small problems can prevent the larger problems for decades.
This really comes down to preference, and in some cases, your HOA rules! While tile roofing materials have traditionally been longer-lasting, newer asphalt shingle products have proven to be nearly as durable, as well as often easier to repair. Tile and asphalt shingle have differences in price, weight, longevity, and care requirements – so we definitely recommend talking to a licensed roofing contractor just like “Garrison Roofing” about which is best for you. Still, you can expect a quality asphalt shingle roof to last for 25 years or more.
Periodic visual self-inspections and annual professional roof inspections are invaluable to a homeowner. As discussed, a small problem can become a major issue if not addressed. Regular inspections allow you to make minor repairs before they become larger projects, and before a small leak becomes a major leak or a mold issue.
New roof costs depend on a lot of factors: materials, contractor doing the work, size of the house, location of the home or building, and labor fees. To get a good estimate of how much you will need to install a new roof, ask for proposals from reputable contractors like Garrison Roofing; this can also help you choose a contractor that can work on the project that suits your budget.